Listing of Careers and Jobs in Science Communication
I came across a brilliant blog post that listed various organizations where science communicators could find a career or job. The list is compiled by Jo Brodie on the blog Stuff that occurs to me.
Although many people have careers in science communication in North America, they are not necessarily thought of as science jobs. They are thought of as communication positions. However the term science communicator is slowly being incorporated into employment listings.
The listing is mainly based on vacancies and organizations in London, where I assume the author is from. Nonetheless, it gives a great idea of the types of organizations which could potentially hire you. As Jo Brodie notes, the listing is heavily weighted towards biology / medicine, but it is still a fairly comprehensive list. I think I'll have to start compiling a list for Canada.....
Although many people have careers in science communication in North America, they are not necessarily thought of as science jobs. They are thought of as communication positions. However the term science communicator is slowly being incorporated into employment listings.
The listing is mainly based on vacancies and organizations in London, where I assume the author is from. Nonetheless, it gives a great idea of the types of organizations which could potentially hire you. As Jo Brodie notes, the listing is heavily weighted towards biology / medicine, but it is still a fairly comprehensive list. I think I'll have to start compiling a list for Canada.....
0 Kommentare